Saturday, April 07, 2007

Another Sunny Day!!!!

Didn't manage a post last night, we were all inspired to work on our garden after Harlow Carr, so by the time the kids had gone to bed, all I could manage was a night of lounging on the sofa watching telly. This year, inspired by Rebecca at An Irish Craftworker's Good Life, I am attempting to grow some vegetables. I have tried in the past with pretty poor results, but now the children are a little older, I'm hoping to have a bit more time to devote to gardening. We are lucky enough to have a large garden, so it seems a shame not use some of it for veg.


Here is something I've been working on last week, knitting needle covers, the apple one was my first design, made out of some charity shop curtains. Unfortunately the design led to bulky seams. The spotty design is more streamlined and seems to work much better (recognize the fabric?), I bought 2 metre's so I'm hoping to make a few of these to sell at the woolfest.

The giveaway I mentioned is coming soon. It's to do with the launch of a new product, that I'm still tweaking a little. I'll hopefully have it sorted by Monday.

Have a good weekend everybody, lets hope it stays sunny, we're thinking bar-b-q, the first of the season!!!!

2 comments:

artyfartykat said...

The needlecases look beautiful. The spotty one looks beautifully made. You do some gorgeous work. I'm looking forward to meeting you at Woolfest AND seeing all your yummy products!
I'm intrigued to find out what the new product is!

Laura said...

Your needlecases are SO nice. They also look like they'd actually work and stay in one piece. Very cool!