Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A weekend of Culture

I got to see The killers at the weekend up in Newcastle, and as if that wasn't exciting enough, Mike and I were at the very front, right against the barrier, Dave Keuning and Brandon Flowers were about 2 meters away! I could have kicked myself because I told Mike not to bring the camera as we never get decent shots at gigs (hadn't expected to be at the front). They were fantastic, one of the best gigs I've been to in a long while, the support band were good as well, Louis XIV.


The children were staying at their grandparents so we made a weekend of it. We visited the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art and saw Yoko Ono's exhibition. Some of her piece I liked but not all, some of it seemed a bit contrived. We also visited the city art gallery and the castle, which was right next to our hotel.



On the way home we stopped off at the Angel of the North, it's the most amazing sculpture that towers above the A1 ( the main road up into the north of England).

No comments: