Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Grrrrr!

I had just finished a fairly lengthy blog and then the computer got stuck and now it's all gone and I have to start again. Don't you just hate it when that happens. I shall now 'save as draft' after every paragraph.

This week my thoughts have been with the Kim family. I have been following the news via various blogs which I regularly visit. Each morning I have logged on to Google reader, hoping for news of their safety. Today it was good news, Kati and her 2 girls had been found safe. I hope tomorrow I will log on to discover that James has also been found safe and well.

I have not posted recently as I have been a busy bee, preparing for my craft fair which was on Sunday. I did OK, but I had a rubbish pitch. I think because I'd booked it late, they had squeezed me in, so my stall was at a 90 degree angle to the rest of the stalls!! Completely threw me when I came to set out the table top.

Here are some bits and pieces that I was madly making last week. I forgot to take photographs before the fair, so these are the ones that came back home with me. The little recycled purses sold well, as did the felted brooches and necklaces.




Whilst at the fair I bought another Christmas present, this lovely Snow Queen crown for my 4 year old daughter. Now I just have to felt a snow queen dress to go with it! I'm thinking white merino wool onto white chiffon, with a surface decoration of tussah silk top. Might save that project for after Christmas. There's just not enough hours in the day.


After a long period of no felting I have finally got back into the swing of it. It took a move indoors to get the ball rolling, as it was just too bloomin' cold in the garage to nurture any creativity. I am now felting on the dining room table which requires tidying up after myself, I'm really not very good at that, but I'm trying.


Here are some Christmas trees I wet felted. I felted around a cone shaped resist with merino wool, and a bit of silk noil (for snow). My daughter is keen to make mini decorations for them. The inspiration for these came from Stephanie's blog, Little Birds Handmade. She makes these delightful little trees from various fabrics. I thought I'd have a go at making some, but add my own twist.

1 comment:

Hazy said...

I lovew *all* the stuff you made. I especially love the Christmas trees. Those are the kind of decorations I'd like to have in my own house. Now I just need to be brave enough to make my own! I'm off to your etsy shop now for a browse...