Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another Christmas Present Finished

Whilst looking for woolly jumpers in Knaresborough's charity shops I came across a wonderful book, ' Making and Dressing a Rag Doll' by Suzy Ives. It has a basic doll pattern and then a varied range of clothes including: Smock and Lucy Locket apron; Regency Dress; Pantaloons; Victorian dress and so much more. One of my favourites was the ballet dress, Taglioni Style c 1825, which I decided to make for my daughter. I should really have been making some purses for the craft fair, but I have really enjoyed this project, and couldn't wait to see her completed. Her dress is silk dupion and chiffon, with tiny beads sewn on to add a bit of sparkle (my daughter loves a bit of sparkle). I had to give her a choker as her neck looked a bit funny and was in danger of flopping. Anyway here she is, my first rag doll.


I'm very pleased with her and am already planning the next one. I fancy making a pirate, so I will have to design a new doll.

2 comments:

artyfartykat said...

She is absolutely beautiful! The dress looks gorgeous and I love the ballet slippers!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you should be please, shes gorgeous