Sunday, September 09, 2007

School (and pre-school) started again last Tuesday, which means I have a little time to myself during the week, yey! Unfortunately, it's been a whole 6 weeks, and there was so much I wanted to do that instead of concentrating on one thing, I flitted around trying to do too many things, which is never a productive way to work, as a result there has been no crafting to blog about for a while.

Thankfully on Friday, I visited the quilt show at Harrogate with my Mum and Auntie, (thank you Dad for making this possible by spending a day playing cars and trains with my little boy, much appreciated) and treated myself to this fantastic book... (hmm, it's quite a bit cheaper on amazon!)


which has got me back on track. There aren't any new techniques that I didn't already know, but it has been a great source of inspiration, and I've managed to squeeze some crafting time in this weekend and actually have a little work in progress to show you.


The show was good, some fantastic quilts (sorry, didn't take my camera). I'd love to make a quilt, but I just don't have the patience. My Mum is a quilter, and makes beautiful scrap quilts. She just made one for my son's 3rd Birthday, which I was going to post, but forgot to photograph, he's now tucked up in bed with it so it'll have to wait for another day.

I also got these buttons and this piece of vintage cotton, not sure what I'm going to do with it, I just had to have it in my ever increasing stash of fabric.



Whilst I'm here I'd also like to say a big hello to all those who have popped over from embroidery with an edge, and thanks to those who've left comments. I shall be reviewing guerilla embroidery's site soon, a long with a few other sites that have grabbed my attention over the last few months. Oh how my google reader list is growing!! There's no wonder I haven't got much crafting done recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so nearly bought this fabric at Harrogate!