Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Stones

Well half term has been and gone way too fast, we spent most of the week in Killarney in Ireland visiting family. It's such a beautiful place, even when it's raining all the time! Mike and I got to climb a very small mountain on the first day (without kids), the views were amazing, but it was a bit nippy on the top!!


The only bad thing about the holiday was that I missed an opportunity to be in The Guardian!! I have listed my workshops on the School of Everything, it's a UK website that is free to use and is a bit like a workshop and classes directory. The Guardian were doing a feature on it and as I'd recently had a student attend one of my workshops by finding me through the site they wanted to feature me, but this all came to ahead whilst I was in Ireland which was no good as they wanted to photograph me, as you can imagine I was gutted. Hey ho, I'm sure they'll be other opportunities.


Now the kids are back to school it's time to start felting again. I've made these felted pebble soaps using Norwegian wool (I find the Norwegian doesn't pill as much as the merino and it creates a really nice scrub). I managed to get my hands on some wooden soap dishes wholesale so I'm selling them as a set. I've listed one on etsy, one on Folksy and one on MyEhive.

4 comments:

driftwood said...

looks like a lovely place to visit, such a shame about the guardian opportunity though.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I would love to go there someday.

Poppy said...

I love the colours of the felted pebble stones! Lou x

filzundgarten said...

Your felted stones look very nice. But do the norwegian wool scratch? Unfortunately the main disadvantage of merino wool is pilling, but it do not scratch and therefore it is my favourite material.
Greetings from Germany!