Thursday, August 02, 2007

Well it looks like summer has finally arrived in England, lets hope it stays for a little while. I started the holidays with a week at my parents house (left the Husband at home decorating the hall). I had the very good fortune, to grow up here, on the East Coast of Yorkshire.


And although I was desperate to leave for the big city when I reached 18, (any city would have done at the time, but I ended up in Leeds) . I now appreciate what a fantastic place it was to spend a childhood.


Unfortunately, the weather wasn't too hot when we were there the other week, so the kids only got one day on the beach, and it wasn't exactly paddling temperatures. However, we did manage a picnic, sandcastles and some beach combing. My daughter had me on my knees, scouring the pebbles for sea glass. My Mum collects it and has a big jar by the back door, E has decided she wants to out do Grandma, but so far we only have 3 pieces!!

As I haven't posted for a while, I have a few things I want to share, but I'm not too keen on long posts, either writing, or reading, so I'm going to try and do a post a night to catch up. Coming up tomorrow, some felt work by Auntie.

No comments: