Friday, September 05, 2008

Make Do and Mend

That was the title of the contemporary recycled arts and crafts exhibition at the Chapel Allerton Festival. So I had a stall selling brooches and cuffs made from felted jumpers. I used the jumpers as a base to needle felt onto (at the festival quilts I bought one these, and one of these which I can't recommend enough, well worth the expense). Here are some of the pieces....



I did quite well and met some lovely people, so nice to meet customers face to face for a change.

I also treated myself to this gorgeous bag from deco-blue designs, for those of you who are local check her stall out at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching show this year, she has some lovely products.


Now the craft show is out of the way and my eldest is back at school, soon to be followed by my youngest (big first day at school on Monday!), I am getting back into the felting groove. I have really missed creating over the summer. I'm working on a collection of new monster bags, here's one which is a custom order.


Got to fly, my youngest is insisting I play playmobil airports, roll on Monday!

1 comment:

driftwood said...

love the monster, wow, with both children at school, you'll be a felting queen!