Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A new term

My baby just started school only a week after his 4th birthday (I'm pretty confident he'll be the youngest in his year), bless, he looked so cute in his uniform! He's really enjoying it, and talks a lot about all the things he's done, thankfully he's just part time until Christmas, and has his big sister to look out for him. Fortunately for me I have my crafts, so I'm not suffering home alone in the very quiet house, I now have 5 mornings a week to felt, yay!!


So this week I have been working on a few monster bags and pincushions that I've promised customers. Today I popped downstairs to make a cup of tea, and when I went back into the studio here's what I saw, they look a bit scary all lined up don't they. Do you recognise the yellow one? Herbert had a sex change!!

Did you also notice the word studio? Over the summer we rearranged the bedrooms so the kids are sharing and I've got the smallest room as a studio ( a temporary arrangement until we think about extending or converting the garage). It still needs a bit of organising with shelves and better storage but I'm settling in nicely, and the downstairs looks a lot better (I was starting to take over the house). Hopefully now I have all this time to be creative I'll be able to blog a bit more often. I seem to have got out of the habit, although I have quite a few things I'd like to share with you.

3 comments:

driftwood said...

ooh a studio Beth, you lucky thing! loving all the monsters. x

Karen said...

Herbert (Herbertha?) is stunning!!!

Jenny said...

Whoa! Those black monsters have a spot of the scare factor don't they? But in a good way! I love to see something so original! Jen