Friday, July 03, 2009

Woolfest 2009

Woolfest was fantasic, we were blessed with good weather, which was just as well as we were camping. I met lots of lovely people (so nice to meet others who share your obsession with wool), saw lots of beautiful inspiring things and spent a little money as well. Business wise, it's been my best year so far, I think my concentration on branding has paid off as the stall looked a lot more professional than previous years. Here's a few pictures:

There I am wearing my top / dress that I made on Charity Musoma Van der Meer's workshop the week before. It was a two day workshop organised by the IFA, I really enjoyed it and came away all inspired. I wore my top both days at woolfest and although it was very warm I did not feel uncomfortable in it. It is made from silk chiffon and super fine merino wool (one layer). I've just made a similar one for my daughter that I am going to dye purple, and then I'm going to have a go at making myself a skirt.

Right, I must go and do some work now so I can take a break to watch Andy Murray play at Wimbledon, I'll leave you with a few more pictures from Woolfest.

9 comments:

Chrissy said...

The stall looked amazing. I wish I could have gone. I guess photos will have to do instead. Maybe next year I can save all my pennies.

Sara Millis said...

Hey, you got some great photos... I'm glad you had a great time, it was lovely to meet you.

Sara xx

Leigh Shepherd said...

Your stall looks fantastic! I'm so in love with those little birds. Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

Regina Moore said...

Your booth looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Flossiekat said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" Beautiful setup, beautiful stuff, beautiful top! And the apron is adorable! Wish I could have been there!

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

Great photos and your stall looked fab! As does your dress! Good to hear you had a excellent time.

You have been chosen by me to receive a lovely blog award. You can get the cute award picture from my blog.

The rules of the award are:

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Sparklyjools said...

Just found your blog by route of your website. Fabulous work!(and the tutorial is brilliant). I have just started feltmaking, and you have inspired me, and given me tons of ideas with your fantastic designs! Look forward to following your blog.

Jules

Kenleigh's Fiber Studio said...

I have had so much fun visiting your blog! Your booth looks very professional and I can see the branding work that you talk about - good job. I love the picture of the Herdwick, we don't have them in the States and I love their look.

Jackie said...

What a coincidence we've ended up in the same etsy treasury!
Nice to 'bump into' you again.
x