Friday, August 07, 2009

Camping in the Cairngorms

Hi Folks, I'm still here, just enjoying summer with my family. We've just got back from camping in the Cairngorms National Park for 10 days!! That's our longest ever camping trip. That part of Scotland is beautifully stunning, I took lots of photographs and am planning to create a body of felting work which is more art than function, something I've not really done before. I can't wait to get started on the sketch book, something I rediscovered whilst on my City and Guilds course. I was always very precious about work that went into my sketch books and consequently they never really flowed, but on the course I just went for it and didn't worry to much about the end result, and it turned out keeping a sketch book can be fun. My 7 year old daughter likes to join in to. We sit together at the dining table with all my materials spread out and experiment with colour, techniques and shape. Here are a few of my holiday snaps...


that's our tent in the left hand corner, with spectacular views of cairngorm in the background.


We made it to the coast one day but it was very windy, so I sat sheltering in the sand dunes taking photos whilst M helped the kids build sandcastles.


This is the lake that's on the edge of the campsite.


We did a lot of walking.



and saw lots of different creatures.


but my favourite bit was feeding the reindeer.

3 comments:

driftwood said...

looks like a wonderful trip, can't wait to see what you are inspired to make

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

So lovely! Thanks for posting!

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

The Cairngorms are wonderful, aren't they. I've never camped near them (was it cold?!) but I did visit one April and went up the mountain and got snowed on . . .